Day 2 in Israel: Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

>> Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I'm about to leave Tel Aviv to catch a flight to Eilat - we're racing TOMORROW MORNING! Before I go, here are 15 photos from yesterday.


Sunrise over Jerusalam's "Old City" from my hotel room.


Starting an official tour of the Old City (just outside it's walls).
That's me in the red Trinona hat.


Enjoying a giant chunk of a Jerusalem bagel dipped in spices.


Nick (chewing) and I with our bagel chunks.


Goonda (local triathlete) and his girlfriend, our tour guide, Tim (triathlete/writer), Tim
(writer/photographer for SlowTwitch), Adi (who sent all of us), Nick (TriJuice), and me.


Just outside the city walls heading to the place of the Last Supper and King Davids tomb.


Last Supper (built in 1100 over the place believed to be where the Last Supper was held).


Back at the Wailing Wall, writing down my prayer to place in the wall.


Outside of Jesus's Toub in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.


Looking up outside of Jesus's tomb.


Veneration of the place where Jesus was laid after being taken from the Cross.


THEE BEST hummus that I've ever had (along with some good falafel).

Then we hopped on a bus to head to Tel Aviv for the night. We met with a few interesting people whom I'll write about in the future when I have more time.


My room in Tel Aviv (where I'm currently packing up to head to Eilat).


We got to the Mediterranean Sea just in time for the sunset.


Amazing food on the shores of the Mediterranean. This was just a starter, then
I had shrimp, and then we shared 6 desserts.

Gotta go - catching a flight in just over an hour. Here's my post from yesterday when Nick and I wandered Jerusalem. The 2014 Israman Negev half iron distance triathlon starts in just over 24 hours, and I'll be doing the swim portion in the Red Sea! I'll be meeting my relay partners tomorrow morning. Adventure awaits!...

(Check twitter and instagram for possibly updates during the day today and tomorrow!)

1 comments:

Kimberly 9:40 AM, January 16, 2014  

All of the photos have been making me nostalgic/jealous but the food and the hummus ... NOT FAIR. I went to Israel in 2001, and I loved the trip but the food was so great. Eat lots of pita!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.