First Photos from the Israman Triathlon!

>> Saturday, January 18, 2014

I don't have time for a full report now, but here are 2 photos from Nick (at TriJuice) of the swim at the Israman half iron distance in Eilat, Israel on Friday morning:


(click to enlarge)

Starting the swim with 1,000 of my newest friends with a giant Israeli flag on the far shore.


(click to enlarge)

Finishing up my 1.2 mile swim in the Red Sea!

I had met the biker for my 70.3 relay team the night before the race, but I didn't meet the runner on our team until post-race. (The start, T1, and the finish were all near the lagoon in Eilat, but T2 was 15K up into the mountains, so the relay runners had to be waiting up there when the bikers finished.) Here's me and Sharon enjoying the full iron distance finishing party after he ran a hilly and difficult 1:50 for our team:



I still have a few days left in Israel, and I have a full race report (with a lot of photos) up as soon as I can - probably by mid-week. In the meantime, here are some links to my recent posts in Israel:

A few quick photos after getting in

Photos of Nick and I exploring the "Old City" in Jerusalem

Our 2nd day in Jerusalem (with more great history)

Short and fun video of our pre-race test swim in the Red Sea

Back with more soon... in the meantime, check out my twitter feed for lots of updates and photos. Now I'm off to go mountain biking in the Timna Valley!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.